An Analysis Of A Song "That's Life" By Frank Sinatra

 



"That's life" is a classic jazz song. We can say it is a timeless anthem because people are listening to this song even nowadays. This song was released in November 18, 1966, and was written by Dean Kay and Kelly Gordon. 


Frank Sinatra's song "That's Life" reflects on how the world keeps spinning around. Life has good and bad moments. The lyrics talk about facing challenges in life while also staying strong and moving forward. 


The way Frank Sinatra sang it brought emotion to the words. The music, with its strong brass instruments and lively beat, helps drive home the message of not giving up when things get tough. People love this song because it speaks to everyone's experiences in life.


Let's take a look at these lyrics!


That's life (That's life), that's what all the people say

You're riding high in April, shot down in May

But I know I'm gonna change that tune

When I'm back on top, back on top in June


Like I mentioned earlier, this part really shows us that the world keeps spinning around. Sometimes we are on top, sometimes we are at the bottom. But that's totally okay because "That's Life"—that's what a normal life looks like.


Some people get their kicks stompin' on a dream

But I don't let it, let it get me down' cause this fine 

old world, it keeps spinnin' around


As human beings, we always care about what people think of us. But sometimes there's a situation that pushes us to not care what people think. Don't let people's mockery affect us. At the end, "we are who we are." We have our own dreams and responsibilities.


I've been a puppet, a pauper, a pirate, a poet, a pawn and a king

I've been up and down and over and out and I know one thing 

Each time I find myself flat on my face I pick myself up and get back in the race


This is my favorite part. This part describes a person who's done a lot of things in their career. They are trying to figure out who they are. There is a moment when we feel like we have failed. But again, that's totally okay. Because that's what life is about. You cannot always be a superior or a king. 


I thought of quitting, baby 

But my heart just ain't gonna buy it 

And if I didn't think it was worth one single try

I'd jump right on a big bird and then I'd fly


We can feel the exhaustion after trying dozens of times, and we think about giving up, but still, we can't accept it. So we need to push through. But if we are at our limit, it is best for us to just let it go. 


But if there's nothin' shakin' come this here July

I'm gonna roll myself up in a big ball and die


We start to acknowledge our struggles and failures. This part is like an expression of frustration, but delivered in a humorous way.





Life is like a rollercoaster. Without the adrenaline and stuff, life wouldn't be so fun, wouldn't it?

[EY]

Comments

  1. honestly,i don't know who he is..and i just found out from you

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quote just hit me so hard😥

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

An Analysis Of "Perfectionists" Portrayed In Films

Remember Me And I Will Remember you

Fantastic Mr. Fox